1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are they worth?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by peteo1, Feb 22, 2013.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I am planning on upgrading my truck this year to a 3/4 ton or possibly a one ton. Current vehicle is an 04 dodge 1500. My Fisher dealer says everything transfers over except the push plates and headlight adapters. I don't know what vehicles, if any, these items would work on so if anyone could tell me what these are worth and maybe throw in a couple part #'s that would be great. Thank you for any input!

2. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

I think you dealer is wrong, the 1500's are completely different, and the frame will not work on a 2500 or 3500. The older dodge trucks, pre 2002, all used the same frames, but when the new body style was introduced, the 1500's went to a independent front suspension, where the 2500-3500 trucks remained a solid front axle.

3. peteo1

Hmmm..... They told me all I'd need is new push plates and lights adapters. Doesn't surprise me. My dealer is a complete ****** unless you own a fleet of vehicles.

4. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Yea our main dealer here in Chicago is the same way, unless you buy from them once a week, they dont want to deal with you.. Im 99% sure the frame you have on your 1500, will not fit the bigger trucks

5. peteo1

Ok. Any ideas on what this stuff is worth? Anyone?