1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are these worth????

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Stan, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Need opinions:

1977 C-60 with 38K miles with 11' plow and dump body

1987C-30 with 60K miles 8' meyers/mason dump.

Both are in fair shape/non 4 wheel drive

2. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Any pics?

60 2000

30 3000

3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

No pics but these are estate trucks. Both started and ran. Plows are in exceptional shape. The c-60 has some rot on the front fenders/dump body in good shape and works.
    The c-30 has some rust on the cab but the bed has more and works well. Both standard shift trucks. I'm assuming with weight they should handle the snow well being a non 4 wheel drive??

4. ATV Plow King

Yea and if you put a spreader in it for some ballast it would be better. I personally dont use my 4x4 while plowing unless i have to. is the 60 central hydros. and are you planning on selling?

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

What is meant by "central hydros" ? Assuming this is the hydraullic pump mounted inside the cab with a single piston to raise and lower is what the truck has. I've been away from set up's as this for over 25 years.
    I'm actually bidding on some good sized contracts and to operate an 11' unit would save alot of time.

6. ATV Plow King

Sorry to get get back back to you i was on vacation. But yes that essentially what central hydros are. the run the Dump bed,plow,and spreader all off of one pump. if you see in this picture there is no PUMP on the plow mount just the HYDRO CYLINDER that because the plow is running off the central pump as well as the spreader thats why theres 2 hoses running to it coming from under the truck.

PLOW.
    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=/images?q=central+hydraulics&hl=en&sa=N&um=1

SPREADER
    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=/images?q=central+hydraulics&hl=en&sa=N&um=1

Hope this helps
    -Bill

7. ATV Plow King

The pics didnt post how i wanted but scroll down a little and you will see a gree gmc dump .thats the one im talking about.

8. Stan

Stan Senior Member

That is the same set up on the c-30. It does not have a spreader. Anyway, care to take a stab at what these trucks are worth?

9. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Without pictures it's hard to put a value on them...What can you get them for?

10. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Here's some pics. The plows are stored indoors in exceptional shape/

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

11. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Some more pic's

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

12. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Both beds are functional.

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

13. ATV Plow King

Well the 60 does have central hydros and you could put a tailgate spreader on it if you plan on snowplowing. or if your planning on selling i would say 3000 for the 60 and 2000 for the other. and how many miles are on them. And also they dont look too bad for their year.

14. Stan

Stan Senior Member

1977 C-60 with 38K miles with 11' plow and dump body

1987C-30 with 60K miles 8' meyers/mason dump.

If I told ya how much I paid you would call me a theif...lol

I plan to do plowing and salting with both. Not to keen on the tailgate spreaders. When I salted back in the early 80's all I remember is headaches. Much rather go with a V box but open to suggestions. The only major thing to do on the c-60 is the rear springs. The c-30 looks like it may need front springs.

15. ATV Plow King

Yea a nice stainless v box would do fine i was just recomending the tailgate. but I would just clean em up a bit to use dont gotta be perfect b/c there work trucks but w/e you need to do.

Are you going to be doing COMM. RESI. or CITY plowing .adn four yourself or subbing?

16. Stan

Stan Senior Member

More than likely it will will be used for commercial lots and as a backup for municipal. Good thing on the municipal is they supply the V box. I definetly need to have the springs repaired. Looks as if they kept weight in the bed for long periods of time for ballast.

17. ATV Plow King

Yea they look pretty worn but some new ones will do fine.