1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are the tricks to running a Arctic?

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Oct 26, 2009.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

After reading most of the post about Arctic everyone says there are tricks to running these plows Well I just bought a 14' LD and I need to know the Tricks.

2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Call me.

J.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

peterbuilt...pm sent also

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have seen on a couple other threads that there are "tricks" to running the arctic sectionals......Peterbuilt, or whoever else - is there a reason you wont post this info? I have considered adding one of these pushers next year and would like to know.

I also have another question.....has anyone seen or heard of an 8ft HD model. If I were to add one next year, it would be on a machine that will be traveling down the road (tractor) from job to job. I figured losing some width from a 10ft LD model could be (somewhat) made up with the extra volume of a 8ft HD model and still be safe on the roads it would be traveling?

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

The reason is, It takes to long to explain, and I would rather do it over the phone.

And I run my 10s and 12 on the road all the time. Never had any problems. An 8ft would be a waste of time, and I make enough in a storm to be able to handle the price of a over width ticket if I were to get one.

J.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I will PM you my phone # then.

7. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Just so you all know, Arctic is in production of an instructional video for proper operation. It should be ready in about a month.

8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Pusherpro, How do we get the video?

Thanks

9. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

E-mail me at pusherpro@yahoo.com with your name and address and I will see to it that you get one. I will also have it at the SIMA show.

10. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thanks, email sent