1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what are the normal problems/ parts needed for the MT series plows

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by treesnsnow, Aug 30, 2009.

1. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

I've got a Mt series plow 7'6" with a 3 point mount what are the common problems with these plows and what should i have for spare parts in the tool box.
    thanks
    phil:waving:

2. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

The only problems I've had with my ST-90 (other than breaking the A-frame) are:

1. Remote controller batteries dying (keep spares in toolbox).

2. 90 degree elbow on angle cylinder breaking off (keep spares in toolbox).

3. Losing fluid (see 2, above, keep a spare quart in toolbox).

Fran

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Maybe a spare hose, fluid. fittings and a spare flag.

4. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

Stacking piles will bend and crack the Cross-bar between the 2 lower mounting pins on the truck side.

Always check for this. If it's a problem, add another angle piece, weld and bolt it on. You'll notice that the plow doesn't go up as high (aside from seeing that the back of the A-frame is bent)

Other than that, change fluids often, keep the connectors clean, check all hardware frequently.

5. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

I assume by the cross bar you mean the cross bar which the lifting ram is connencted to and yes it does show signs of slight bending so you saY I SHOULD put another peice of angle iron on top of the existng one and so it will strenghen it up
    thanks for the tip any other tips on this plow

6. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Oh ya, I forgot this one...get a tube of electrical contact lube and lube all the electrical connectors, especially the main power cable and light connectors. The lube will minimize corrosion and help make the connectors "slide" together easier.

Fran

7. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

In my experience it is usually the truck it's attached to that's the problem.:D