1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are the most popular blades?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kirkpzed, Sep 27, 2007.

1. kirkpzed

kirkpzed Junior Member
    from Midwest

Hello. I am interested in offering pre-packaged plow bolt kits for blade replacements. What do you think?

I'd like to have complete hardware kits on hand and ready to ship. Users would order the kit(s) (bolts, nuts and washers) based on the blade model. Is there anyone who might know the most popular blades so I can get an idea of what I would need to have ready?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

All the links are right at the top of this page
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think he's selling not buying.
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Most popular?
    Probably anything 7.5-10ft from the main companies- Western,Boss,Fisher,Blizzard,Meyer/Diamond,Snoway, etc
  5. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Why didn't you just say all plows...:dizzy:
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I left out the smaller ones. I narrowed it down a little, but not much. :D
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Most plow edges come with hardened steel bolts. Why would I buy just the bolts? You don't change edges often enough to keep bolts on hand.
  8. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I have extra bolts on hand, spares incase one snaps off, or something. not that I've had to change them, but there are always reason for things.
  9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

not to hyjack the thread but....we started using road grader cutting edges and they sell us the bolts too. the county barn we get them from is only 1/4 mile away.. i would recommend these edges to anyone. you will have to drill holes on your plow for some models but it's worth it. they only cost $50 per 7' and will last twice as long.
  10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm not trying to dogg your idea but i wouldn't invest too much $$ in this biz... this would offer no advantage to anyone. you would have to sell the cutting edges too and probably also sell/carry several thousand other products to get people to buy the bolts from your company. hope this helps.