1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are some things I can do to my truck to increase performance?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PlowOrDie, Dec 9, 2007.

1. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

Hey guys, I am not a mechanic by any means...

I just recently had a few repairs done to my truck...

but I know i need more done to get this thing to perform GREAT. I am a perfectionist, and right now i would say my truck is performaing DECENT. I would like to get better gas mileage, and power amongst all, if this is possible.

anyways... what are some repairs/mods I can do to my truck that will increase overall performance...

i am very interested.

oh, if it matters, i have a 97 dodge ram 2500 with over 100k miles on it. I think it has 100k more left on it. (knock on wood)
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

new platinum plugs.
    index them so the open side is facing the intake valve...

sea-foam her.
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

A good tune-up can't hurt. Maybe replacing the fuel injectors as well. A K&N intake can also add some power and give you better fuel economy.
  4. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

Thanks for the replies guys...

Im looking into the platinum plugs and seafoam... those seem like cheap easy fixes...

ill read up on the K&N also...

Anymore things??

what about studded tires?? know anything about them? good ? bad?