1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are Peoples thoughts on the western Midweight plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowman1984, Dec 22, 2009.

1. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

Want to know what plowers think of the western Midweight and would it be acceptable to do backdragging with a backdrag Edge on it?

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

depends on the truck. it is meant to be a midweight plow, thus midweight truck.

3. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

i'm going to put this on a Toyota Tundra Regular Cab long bed

4. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

this is the perfect plow for this truck and it will backdrag pretty well with a backdrag edge

5. sflem849

sflem849 Member

When I was looking at new plows last year the ProPlow was going to be less than $100 more. Like they said, little truck = little plow. I have a 3/4 ton Ford Super Duty so I didn't really care how light the plow was. If I was throwing it on a half ton I would have got the midweight for sure. IIRC it only came in poly??? Not that poly is bad.

oops. I get it, the OP has a Tundra. Yes, I would get the mid the pro plow is a lot of plow.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  6. mikepeer

mikepeer Junior Member
    from indiana

might look into an hts if your into back dragging

7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

on a smaller truck a back drag edge rules.

8. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

FYI ,midweight and pro series are available in both steel and poly

9. sflem849

sflem849 Member

My bad, thanks for clearing it up. I must have only been allowed to get the midweight bc I didn't have heavy springs.