1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are my options for snow removal equipment?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JaimeG, Jul 16, 2009.

1. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What are my options?

Is it just skid steers, loaders, and backhoes? I have $15,000 to spend.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I say a really really nice shovell will do for you!

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I found a couple skid steers for that price in good condition, but I think a loader/backhoe is way more comfortable and efficient. How many hours is too many? How would I transport it?

4. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

that looks nice transport just register it and road it or have it hauled to your job. if your doing multiple places you will probably be better to drive it with a plate on it.
    hours i would have an oil sample done on it the oil will tell

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I talked to the guy selling it and he said it has 5,900 hours on the meter, but he also said 1st gear is out. If I'm not mistaken it is a 4 speed, so I would still be able to use it in the other gears right? He said that if they fixed it, it would be like 10k for parts and labor.payup

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I would thisk it would be ok but if your where pushing into a pile you might throw it into low gear to get more torque the 180 is a decent size machine for small stuff but still does not have the power of the bigger machines so i would think low gears are your friend in pushing.

I would just make a few calls to see how much it would take to reapir it from other people besides them