1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are my choices?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by headviking, Sep 22, 2008.

1. headviking

headviking Junior Member

Hi all. This is my first post here. I am new to snow plowing, but this year I have to make my truck earn it's keep, I've babied it long enough. My truck is a 2007 F250 diesel with crew cab, automatic with a 4X4, 8ft bed with a new set of shoes (Toyo's open country). I spent a pretty peny for her now I would like to put her to work snow plowing. Nothing big just small lots and some private drives would do me fine. I need some suggestion on what to buy and how much I will be looking at spending. BTW I live in basically a big town or a small city environment.

Southern Ontario
    Canada
    tymusic
    Headviking

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Welcome to plowsite:waving:

Does the truck have Plow prep package? if not your first purchase should be the correct fan clutch.

As for a plow you need to think 8'6" with a truck that long. The Snoway 32 series 8'6" plow with Down pressure would be a good match.

http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/viewSeries/type/Plow/cat/7

3. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Wow. A crew cab with an 8ft box. To me, thats a loooong truck. You'll have fun plowing drives with that! I have a short bed/quad cab and I think my truck is long.
    But anyhow, a plow prep. pkg on your truck isn't too big of a deal b/c its got a diesel motor in it. When U have diesel motor,alot of the things that go into a plow prep pkg are already there. For example you should already have the biggest springs the manufacturerer offers, a tranny cooler, motor oil cooler, larger radiator, etc.
    Problem is: a diesel motor is a heavy motor and being a crew cab, that also eats up your capacity to carry additional weight on the front axle. Shop carefully. Most all of the well known plow companies will offer a plow for your truck-although it may not be as large as U want.

4. headviking

headviking Junior Member

Yes I do have the snow plow prep package.... I told myself this will be my last truck so I got all the toys. Rear sensor, trailer brake, upfitter switches, sun roof, power rear slider, I even replaced my shocks to bilstiens.
    [​IMG]
    Headviking

5. headviking

headviking Junior Member

Yes I do have the snow plow prep package.... I told myself this will be my last truck so I got all the toys. Rear sensor, trailer brake, upfitter switches, sun roof, power rear slider, I even replaced my shocks to bilstiens.
    Headviking