1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What are a good set of chains for plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by buckshot464, Jan 12, 2011.

1. buckshot464

buckshot464 Junior Member
    from Vermont

I have a few very steep driveways, they are pavement and without chains I can't get up the hill after the first pass. I am going to get a pair of chains but after looking there is a lot of different options out there.
    Here is the ones I was looking at, what do you guys think?
    They are the ones down the bottom, Here is the link

Aquiline Talon™ 6mm Single Truck Tire Chain

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I emailed SCC Chains about this. They recommended their Z8 or Super single cables.
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

better make sure your customer wont mind a chewed up driveway from this. hate to have to pay for a new driveway . :dizzy:
  4. buckshot464

buckshot464 Junior Member
    from Vermont

Thats what I was wondering? What other option would be a good one? just v bar chains or something even less aggressive?
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if you can find a set green diamond tires. thosands of peices of carbide in the rubber. but lots of places are on back order at this point in the season.

v-bar chains will tear up that driveway finish so fast.

what you got for tires now ? thats the big question .

and any balest weight in the back ???

and air pressure. ?