1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What am I going to do......Please Help

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Pancakeman173, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Pancakeman173

Pancakeman173 Junior Member

Hi everyone,
    Please help, I am new at this stuff, but I am learning, I have a 1995 GMC 2500 Sierra. I need a plow for my driveway. GMC 2500 never used as plow. Is this cost effective, I look at a 2007 MM2 Fisher plow in good shape came off a 2007 Ford 350. They were asking 2,000 dollars. Lights are broken on plow has been sitting for three years but still looks good rarely used. I am being told I need the wiring harness for my truck, headlight harness, molcule, three plug harness I need push plates also.....Is there anything else I need? Will this be worth it piece mealing a plow together? Any suggestions will be apprceiated. Pancakeman

2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

How large is the driveway, two stage snow blowers work great and throw a ton of snow.
    As far as the mm2 I don't know values of them, but look at it this way - lights $100+ for a set, harness $200+, push plates $400+, nuts, bolts, time, finding all the parts. If your doing it just to plow your own driveway the numbers don't really work. Just my two cents and I could be way off on the numbers.

3. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

1st thing I would do is find someone to install it for you...

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

do you really need to fix the lights if your just plowing your driveway?

5. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Looks to me that at that price and all of the additional parts and money you will need to spend you might as well buy a new unit.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

2K for the plow plus 2K (+/- $200) for new parts, still not installed with unanswered questions (like does the rest of it work.)

Average 5K buys a new plow installed.

5K can pay for your driveway to be plowed for a long time.

7. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Just my opinion ,but first thought is for 2K for a plow that's in really good shape. That sounds like a fair deal. Then if I'm shopping not just buying . I can find the mount, wiring, and lights(take offs- someone always has to have the latest-n-greatest) either on this site or craigslist or even go to your local Fisher dealer and lot of times they have used mounts and take-offs( lights) for sale. At least my Boss dealer does. And if I do the work for approx $500-$700 I have a good plow that should last a long time. On the other hand if I go to the dealer and tell him to do it. My 2k plow is now a $3200.00 plow and for straight blade it's not worth it to me. But on the other hand I'm not a snow blower fan. Heavy snow and warm temps can sure make snow blowing miserable.