1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What all equipment/tools/convenience items do you keep in your truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JimMarshall, Jan 29, 2014.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Title is self explanatory, wondering what all you keep in your truck?
  2. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 Senior Member
    from Ma

Tool kit, extra fluids, rags, spotlight, chain, propane torch, tarp, ratchet straps,duct tape, shovel, ice melt, 5 gallon bucket. Inside the truck- extra jacket, sweatshirts, hats, gloves, Gatorade , water, flashlight, toilet paper, hand sanitizer :D , immodium, Advil , tums, cellphone, chargers and a bunch of cd's. :drinkup:
  3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Extra plow fluid, basic tool set, extra pair of pants aswell as shirt and jacket. Sometimes bring an extra pair of boots if ill be shoveling. Road flares and always have a gallon of gas in the bed of the truck incase I ever run out.
  4. mud

mud Senior Member

More tools than the average home owner owns. Tow straps. Various ratchet straps. A couple chains and binders. Spare rotating beacon. Wire nuts, but splices, electrical tape, wire, multimeter, various other electrical supplies, zip ties, duct tape. 12 volt compressor, plug kit, jumper cables, booster pack, plow fluid, assorted nuts and bolts, spare hoses, spare belt, starting fluid (for cleaning parts) rubbing alcohol, fluid film, first aid kit, torch, lots of spare gloves, 3 shovels, a axe, a 4 pound sledge, pry bar, fire extinguisher, safety triangles, gallon of oil, cam position sensor and a bunch more stuff.

My tool boxes are full.
  5. ColliCut

ColliCut Member

Socks. Lots of socks.
  6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Don't forget about a lid for the bucket you said u bring toilet paper I can only Imagine
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Log chain, Jumpier cables, De-icier cans, Pepsi. Sun glasses , Yellow shooting glasses for cloudy days

Gas can for blower / V box Im never 2-3 miles from the shop
  8. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thermos of hot Starbucks coffee, a box of twinkies and a fifth of rum. I stop plowing when I run out of rum. :D
  9. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Right now, I keep jumper cables, a chain, a propane torch, a big flashlight and a couple cans of de-icer spray as well as my fire extinguisher and triangles.....thinking I might start tossing some tools, a couple quarts of plow fluid, and a set of extra hoses for each type of plow in there too, that way when I get a call about a blown hose instead of saying "try to chain it up and get it back to the shop" I can say "I'll be there in 10 minutes and change it for you"
  10. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

what are cd's????? :laughing:

I seriously need to get a few spare parts for my plow but otherwise I carry extra gloves, hats, scarf's, I have water and gatorade, peanut butter crackers, tools, a tow strap and fuel for the snow blowers.
  11. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

You name it...its probably in there!
  12. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Oh boy...

Tow strap, log chain, chain binders, several hitches, plow fluid, diesel additive, jumper cables, spare fuel filter, ratchet straps, multiple pliers and channel locks, 4lb hammer , full set of sockets and wrenches, and the other half of crap I can't remember.
  13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

:laughing:...a box of Twinkies
  14. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

is the rum for the coffee or do you dip the twinkies in the rum???
  15. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Right now, tow chain, extra set of wiper blades, jumper cables, Mag light, extra couple pair of gloves, ice scrapers, fluid film, asst. fuses, channellocks, screwdrivers, needlenose, linemans pliers, washer fluid, some plow fluid, an extra trip spring, ratchet strap, and a bungee cord. Looks like I've got a few things to add....
  16. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

It is said that Twinkies will last a thousand years. If you eat enough of them you might too! Thumbs Up
  17. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What ever works!
  18. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Sh!t....I don't even care if they kill me, I'm eating them regardless!!
  19. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 Senior Member
    from Ma

The bucket is for ice melt, salt, sand and to stand on if I need to work under the hood of my truck !! NOT for dropping a deuce in :nono:
  20. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

IN CAB - street maps, iPhone, USB cable into stereo, mints, gum, water, gatorade, decaf coffee, Pepsi, tissues, roll of shop towels, coveralls, spare jacket, flashlight, jumper box, head lamp light thing, two hats, dielectric grease, pens, clipboard, banana, peanut butter crackers, granola bars… lots of Atlas thermal gloves, Bright Yellow DOT jacket, lip balm, IBUPROFEN!! DOT kit

TRUCK BOXES - chains, full tool box, spare V-Box belt, Diesel Power additive, shovels, jumper cables, straps, cans of fluid film/WD40/starter fluid/electrical connection cleaner/Blaster, GAS cans for spreader, plow fluid, washer fluid jug

I'm sure there's more. I am obsessive about packing the truck before a night out.