1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what all do I need

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fordboy, Dec 1, 2010.

1. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

ok lookin at buyin a used 810 power plow from a guy. the plow is off of a 2003 chevy 3500 and I will be putting it on my 2003 f350. what all besides the mount will I need to pick up on? will the wiring all have to be replaced or is it like my boos and curtis plows wher you just change headlight adaptors for the headlights? Let me know as I am tryin to dicide if the plow is a good enough deal to get. also anything I should look at on it that are known problem areas?

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The headlight harness is separate from the control harness, so you will only need to get a headlight harness (I used to have one, I'll look for it) and a mount. I have a SD mount that needs to be repaired. I need to send it back to Jerre, but he may have a mount for you.

3. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

ok thanks it also needs cutting edges are they pricy for these?

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

They aren't as cheap as a set for a straight blade, I'll say that much. I think by the time I had the Winter Carbides added, I was right around $500.

The carbides are a must as these blade eat edges fairly quickly due in part to their weight (1000#) and aggressive attack angle.

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

You don't need a full headlight harness, just different headlight adapters.

6. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

ok so assumeing it works which I have no way of testin it a 1000 bucks for it seems pretty fair? it only needs the edge because theres a chunk missing out of the centercutting edge. anything I should examine on the wings they are currently extended.

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

It would be easy to test it as long as the wiring and control are there. You'll want to hook up the main black ground, the main red power (using the solenoid, then ground one small terminal and attach the brown/white wire to the other small terminal. You'll also need to connect the small red wire to positive to power the controller.

You can download the tech manuals from Blizzard's site:
    http://library.blizzardplows.com/default.asp?cat=122

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

$1000 is a great price, as long as it's in decent shape.

9. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

For $1000 I'd buy it as a spare if I came across that deal.....

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed....

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

If the mount for the 2003 chev is in good shape I will buy it from you if you can ship it to me for a fair price.