1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What accessories should I get if I but the Fisher EZ-V?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hoot, Nov 23, 2003.

1. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

I'm only using it for light residential and a few small lots. I like the V in case we get a whopper.
  2. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Hoot the main use of the V will be folded forward letting you keep the snow in front of the plow to move it around. I will bet you will won't need it in the V often or at all. Have you looked at the Blizzards? I have always used and recommended Fisher but the Blizzard is proving itself more usfull than a V. Anyways, get a U edge and a rubber flap for the top of the plow to keep the snow from blowing over. Take some pictures of the install and finish product.
  3. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Holy crap Hoot, now you can tell a certain someone you use it as a work truck:D
  4. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

How much do the Blizzards cost in comparison to the V's?

It looks a bit heavy.... 950 lbs.

Boss V 8'2" 870 lbs

Fisher EZ-V 8'6" 808 lbs
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  5. snowplowman

snowplowman Junior Member
    from NH

The only accessories available for the v plow is a rubber deflector and cutting edges. ASH Supply 1-888-314-0811
  6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Or make your own rubber deflector.

Nice to see ya hoot :)
  7. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I bought the Fisher V last season and love it. Joey-D is correct about the fact that you don't actually V much. The scoop position is great.
  8. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Ahhh more familiar faces.

Ended up with a straight Blizzard model 800.

Ratlover.... decided the V was more than I needed for the amount I plow and the 60 lb+ weight savings will be a little easier on the truck.

My only concern is lack of local dealerships. Gotta go 40 miles to pick this one up. Doylestown, Pa.

Here's me next snow...Video
  9. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Hoot ,where did you get Histands?If so there real nice guys.
  10. Boots_R_On

Boots_R_On Junior Member

The V plow is the best plow to have when there is a blizzard.
    Unlike the blizzard plow , the V can "break " you a starting position.Then sit back and enjoy, heck a blizzard owner may even aproach you to open up HIS lot.
  11. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

I flip flopped.... yes it was Histands...but I changed my mind. Yes they were good people.

Got money down on a Fisher EZ-V

The price was too good to pass up. $3615

I'm hoping the EZ-V will make up for my long truck some in versatility.

Where are all you Philly guys at? I'm in Delaware county.... Bethel Twp