1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What about this little guy?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by newlooklandscp, Oct 22, 2007.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looking into purchasing a buyers 6' vbox or the DownEaster Electric Tailgate for my new truck. I know that it is recommended to have central hydraulics over the DE Tailgate but my new truck is only 8'6" Dump Bed, F350, 4x4 with 2 extra leaves on the rear end. Was wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about http://www.sandspreader.com/tailgate.shtml
    I have a buyers 8' Vbox now so keeping the equipment the same would be nice but at the same time I use my dumps all year round and removing the vbox is becoming a b*tch especially in a ruch for a storm. What do you guys think? Would like to really know if this is worth it, does it have the balls the spreader alot of bulk salt, does it jam easy since it is electric, or a headache? Any info would be great.

Ken

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Never use a DE tailgate unit but we run DE v-boxes and they are the best, no hassle spreader I've ever seen. Oh yeah they are electric untis and we have 0 down time with them.

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Check out the SnowEx RTG2400. It is all electric and I saw it at an open-house. The unit will spread salt, sand or a mix, Check one out. :salute: