1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what about salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by powerjoke, Oct 7, 2007.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i was just wanting to take a poll to find out how much evryone gives for salt, for proprietary resons i dont want to know where you are just how much you give per ton or yd is it straight salt salt sand etc. and also how much you all up north use we dont get very harsh winters so here is my numbers

Salt (treated) $62.50ton delivered from:NASC we use 50ton

Salt/Sand $25ton delivered from:R.l hana we use 0 ton

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

paying $130 per ton treated in 1 ton bags delivered, we use about 22 ton. we done it this way for the past 4 years. this season i'll be getting it from another plow contractor that has a bulk bin about 1/2 mile away from our shop. he said he would make me my own bin and leave a loader there for my use.

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

nice web site power joke lots of nice equiptment

4. powerjoke

Thanks Jay
    the website is realy the wifes for the kennel i ain't smart enuf to build my own but ALL of the equip is mine but NOT ALL of my equip is on there i was doin good to talk her into putin those pics on there it took her 2-3hours She's slow............I mean on the keybourd but she's all mine LOL

Jay have you ever checked out Independance Salt Co. I bid supling a small town with salt this year and lost the bid to 'em they got the bid for less than $50

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I buy 80# bags by the pallet - 30 bags to a pallet. Just stopped yesterday for prices and got quoted $5.95/bag or $178.50/pallet = $148.75/ton.

6. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

salt

we pay $52 per ton delivered and used 1500 ton in 2006-2007 winter season

7. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

power joke

that is a killer salt storage thing u got

salt here.. i think its like 50-55 plus hauling fee

8. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

$52.50 with delivery included and used ....... ummm 30-40 ton 06-07 winter

9. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Very nice website, I love all the farm equipment. We are paying basically the same for bulk salt. I live 60 mile west of stl on I-44.

10. powerjoke

interest and answers kinda died it probably was a bad choice in thread name but anyway
    BUMP

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

$64 and use between 1500 and 2000 tonne. It comes in by the boat load and we buy direct, so as always it costs more to live in Canada.

12. pcs

pcs Senior Member

JD who are you using. We are at $56.00