1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What about Bandag?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MATTHEW, Nov 25, 2001.

1. MATTHEW

MATTHEW Member
    from NE OHIO

I spoke with a Bandag dealer recently and he says his product will outlast any new tire on the road. What do you all think about retreads? I have 265/75/16's on there now, I'm wondering if I should just get the General grabbers like so many past posts suggest.

2. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

I tried bandags after alot of thought. (didnt want to run caps-seemed cheap) Well I'll tell ya I got twice the miles out of the bandags than new tires. I'm on my second set-the other truck which has run new tires only is going on set # 4. they wear like iron, I think you'll like em.

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

Sounds like they'd be great for summertime use.

I'd never use a re-cap or any long-life tire for snowplowing. Too hard and therefore not at the pinnacle of traction.

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Before I was plowing I used to run Bandag "Commercial Traction Micro Sipe" in 7.50x 16. They did fine for traction, I'm not sure they would equal the Coopers that I run now for traction, but I do know they were not all that great for tread wear.