1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what a wonderful day?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Stephen, Feb 17, 2000.

1. Stephen

Stephen Member

Well fellas, it is 5:45 am, and so far today i had my sander truck shear the lugs off one side, lost one tire and rim, lost several hrs. labor, and have to sand my run by hand, which took 4 hrs. to do with a sander, i can't get it towed for atleast another couple hours and we are supposed to get a big storm tommorrow. And the day has just begun. I'm not whining, just a LITTLE P.O.'D. <p>What a wonderful day..........?<p><p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

How did you make out with repairs?I know how you feel,the same thing happened to me in a blizzard in 96.Luckilly I was working for someone,so it wasnt my truck. John D<p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

What size truck is it? I bet it is an auto. I had an 86 k-30 with an auto, and the constant shifting from forward to reverse loosened the rear lug nuts and I sheared all but two wheel studs. So now I check the rear lugs every 3 hrs of plowing. Good thing is it only took about an hour to replace them, but I had to wait till the next day to do it.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

The truck I was driving was a 85 K-30 flatbed dually with 6.2/4spd manual,so I think it makes no difference.We had just had all 4 new tires put on 2 days before from a Big local supplier that does mostly bigrigs.The road service crew wanted to charge them for the call and repairs!,so we did it ourselves at 3:30am with 5&quot; in hte road.Ah the joy of plowing.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

5. Stephen

Stephen Member

well i am back on the road now. I only lost a day with the truck, but i havn't seen the repair bill yet. John- thanks for the e-mail. Sorry i didn't reply but i just got back online after a trojan horse virus. Everyone watch out for the virus BuddyList.exe.<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>