1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What a rookie!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leigh, Feb 12, 2015.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Nothing like getting stuck at 2am, at least I didn't have to crawl through rear window,lol:help:

bobcat 2.jpg

bobcat.jpg

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Couldn't push yourself out with the bucket? Definitely a rookie!

3. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Hmm

At least you got out :)

Happens to the best of us

4. leigh

from CT

Ha Ha ,ace! The bucket was over the fence,lol I love fessing up to mishaps,keeps you humble:jester:

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Fence,,,,,what fence? It was like that when I got here.

6. NThill93

NThill93 Member

better to spend 10 mins to get pulled out than break something

7. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Bucket was over the fence? We'll pretend we didn't read that correctly because that would imply that you were illegally dumping snow on to someone else' property. :nono: Unless your customer owns outside the fence as well, which in that case, no big deal. Nothing ten minutes and a chain can't fix. :help: Have you seen the numerous threads on snow tires for skid-steers? Just a thought. :)

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I call those Tommy Boy moments.......

9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Nice truck

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So GP plows the lot next to you.

11. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Ahh now i see the fence. Tough spot. While we're being honest....
    My cousin was operating, pushing over the curb at An angle. Went to far and the tire caught traction on the curb and sucked him in sideways somehow right in next to that car. Wouldn't have believed him if i didn't watch it. Couldnt bucket out so we hooked a chain and dragged it sideaways. Out in 2 mins
    [​IMG]

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good job Austin Powers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGiQOCX9UbM

13. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty much

Cool that was my 1000th post

14. leigh

from CT

Of course I was dumping illegally!There's an extremely steep drop off on other side of fence,railroad tracks 100' away.Federal gov agents said dump it,we'll get you immunity.Snow tires? My normal skill level negates the need for cheater tires.(most of the time) I love to be at the mercy of the peanut gallery!:drinkup:

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You know...in Canada we make the stop signs 7 ft tall so we don't have to dig them out like that...

16. leigh

from CT

Don't remind me of stupid signs! Half the parking lot has been set up as a usps driver trainer course,stop signs, a row of mailboxes and about 100 cones.Show up at 3 am and face that mess. They usually move them when snow is forecasted.

17. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

18. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Happened to me a couple weeks ago. Doing an account for a buddy and I found the edge of the asphalt and knew it dropped off but I needed to keep pushing farther back. So of course one time the front tires wouldn't come back over the edge. Had 10' plow with box sides on so no pushing myself out. After 2-3 minutes of bac and forth, twisting side to side, panicking and swearing...it finally grabbed the edge and crisis averted. That's with snow tires too.

19. leigh

from CT

I added another couple of bonehead moves working through another night.First I back my trailer up to my shop door and do a partial jackknife to get truck out of way of parking lot, my utg sander hits the jack handle/bar that runs across front of trailer and bends it! (new trailer,who knew?)Then I'm driving across post office parking lot in bobcat and notice my trailer is hanging off the back of my truck? New trailer,had the latch in open position,at least it didn't come off on the road,didn't even notice when I unloaded!Then I have to crank it up with a bent jack handle/linkage that will hardly turn.Then I do the world famous hit curb(concrete) ,with my head an inch from door glass and take a major shot to head and neck :cry: Twice. Just another sleep deprived night of professionalism!

20. fireside

fireside Senior Member

leigh

I see your truck all the time and I know were your shop is locate. I do a bunch of plowing around your shop. I even drove by your truck the other day in my loader. Next time I see you around i will stop and say hi

shawn

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015