1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What a plow!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Feb 3, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Was out plowing this morning and came over a hill and saw some kind of vehicle with lots of headlights and flashing amber lights all over it in the distance. As I got closer I could tell it was a tractor w/plow but not just any tractor, a John Deere 9400 4-wheel drive w/duals and a huge plow! Man, that thing was a beast! Must be just about unstopable.

"They" have forcasted 6-12" by Monday afternoon. So far I would guess about 8" or so and still coming down. Taking a break now and about ready to go out again. Very heavy, wet snow.

Be safe,

Joel B.

2. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Too bad you did'nt have a camera to get a pic that would be something to see.

3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

I have a new holland with dual rear wheels and a 15 foot plow and your right the thing is a beast. If i get a chance ill go to the shop and take a piuc or 2.
    -Nick