1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What a plow company uses for a HOA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jan 10, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They do about 200 driveways with these and a truck to do the road. When the snow is fluffy they work great, The wet snow a Little tougher,it pushes the snow towards the garage doors and mound up.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  2. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

Its amazing what people will try and use, how long are the drives that they do.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Wow... Not sire about those.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just town home size ,maybe 2 car lengths
  5. daddy daniels'

daddy daniels' Member

I can vouch for that snow equipped grasshopper. That machine is the best bang for your buck when it comes to sidewalks and small areas.
  6. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

They look like toro groundmasters. They are no joke. 3 cyl deisels with 4 whhel drive and pto to run a power angle plow or blower. Bet they do a real nice job
  7. Caterpillar307

Caterpillar307 Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Even my blower will push stuff up to garage doors. I've started going in and back dragging with the blower, which works pretty good on gravel driveways, and pull it back to where I can get in and blow it into a bank to leave everything nice and clean.

Some asphalt driveways close to my shop I will just go grab my bucket to do them, people think their asphalt should be black in winter ha ha!
  8. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

those red ones look like a Toro. I used to run one in High School a long time ago. HATED THOSE THINGS SO MUCH. rear wheel steer, real light in the back end. One had a plow, one had a blower. The blower was super heavy and when lifted up, you'd lose steering. had to steer with the split brakes. They always got stuck, cold as hell in the cab, all around miserable. They sucked at mowing too for all the same reasons. I remember the discharge chute on the blower I ran would clog up about every 3 minutes. I spent more time off the machine clearing that than I did moving snow. I'd say at best, they'd work for a sidewalk.