1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What a night!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Meister, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Well, I just got back in from plowing since 4:00p.m. yesterday afternoon. Oh, the problems...

1. I could not shut my truck off or it wouldn't start back up. I need a new set of IPR o-rings.

2. I found out the first problem when BOTH of my hydro hoses blew. They were rubbing together inside the steel loop Western conveniently provides as a source of hose routing. Now, Who is open at 5:00 on a Sunday night??? Well, if anyone wants to know of a company in the south Chicago area, Email me and I will be glad to share the info. I had to get Meyers hoses since they were out of Western. Some minor mods, a puddle of hydro fluid, and 2 hours later I was back in action.:nod:

3. The lock to my salt shed was frozen shut. Since I don't smoke, this proved to be a problem. Solution?... I always carry bolt cutters but this was a Discus lock. Had to warm up the lock with my bare hands. 20 minutes later I was loading up salt and on my way again.

4. I come home to wake wifey up for work. Shut the truck off again. You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time. Waited 2 hours to re-start the truck successfully, then off to get the last of the salting done before sundown today.:cry:

Never in my life have I had so many issues in one plowing event. Then again this was the first event of the season for my crew. Good to get it all out of the way now.

2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

All these problem come with the the snowplowing bussiness doesn't it

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Oh, yea. Gotta take the bad with the good. It would take a lot more frustrations to get me to quit plowing snow. Just had to get some frustrations out.

4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Sounds like a wonderful night:eek: .
    Your best bet would be to replace the o-rings which is not a real big job. Just take off the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) -- the metal assembly hanging off the canister with all the fuel lines attached.
    Also drain the HPOP reservoir by sucking the oil out with a vinyl tube inserted in the fill/inspection hole. You can use a turkey baster with tube attached. Draining this helps prevent a big mess when you remove the IPR. Be sure to refill it before trying to star the engine.
    Next unplug the IPR electrical connector, then remove the sheet metal nut on the very end. Be careful, it's easy to drop. Then the solenoid will slide off the back.
    Finally, use a 1 1/8" wrench to unscrew the IPR.
    Installation is pretty much reverse of removal.

5. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Who's open on Sunday @ 5:00 p.m.????

PLOW MEISTER,
    if you wanted to know who was open??
    well we got called into work Saturday night and all day Sunday

ADVANCE "24HR" PLOWPARTS
    (24 HR WHEN IT SNOWS...ALOT!!)
    1-847-459-6363

LOCATED NORTH OF CHICAGO

there went the new year vacation...again. Goodluck PT.:waving: