1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What a morning, hope to not repeat

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LoneCowboy, Nov 28, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Only supposed to be cloudy, but you know how weather people lie. I get up at 4am and check. Nothing on the ground.
    Surfing away, one of my guys emails me and says "i'm ready if you need me"
    huh? Well, pray for snow I say.
    I go out side at 6am to get the paper

AHHHHHHHHH :eek: There's snow on the ground, where did this come from? (just a dusting, but still gotta shovel)

Wake the wife up, get dressed, hustle out and go hit the apartments first and then go down to the downtown ones. Mostly only north sides needing done, park the truck in a lot that's between two of my properties (these are all real small downtown properties) and I walk back on the Mortuary property (that we don't do) to check one and BAM down I go
    And there goes my knee, nice kneecap sitting out a couple inches.

"bad word, bad word, bad word" :help:

Call the wife back over to bring the truck back, she goes down too. It's solid black ice under this layer of snow (my properties BTW are clean and almost dry, hmmmmmm). I finally get back into the truck, pop the kneecap back in. (this happens every couple years since I was 16, it's been operated on a few times and it doesn't do boo, I just ice it, bandage it and suffer).

So, she shoveled, I drove around and we got it done before people got to work (just like you're supposed to) and man does my knee hurt. I hope this next storm holds off a few days, I need some recovery time.
    Not cool at all
    I think I'm going to call this mortuary and voice my displeasure. (some little old lady would have busted her hip)
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

OUCH!!! (and a few more bad words - cover your ears, kids, or you might learn a few new words) That hurt just reading it.
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I feel for you man however us in the snow and ice line of work should know how slippery it gets, after falling tooo many times i tend to slow down when walking, hope you recover quickly.
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Man, I was hungry before I read this! jk. So I hope that you feel better. If I was close, I'd help you out if you needed it.
  5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I'd sue the snow contractor for not maintaining safe conditions.

I slipped down my front steps the other night going out to check the pavement. My house faces north so my wood steps get a little.....eh. A lot slippery when wet. I went down on the tailbone and caught myself with my hands. Got lucky but it still hurt. I was thinking of suing myself. But then I remembered you cant get blood from a stone.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  6. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Oh wait. You were tresspassing on Mortuary property. You'll be lucky if they dont sue You! Probably get a ticket from the cops too. :nono:

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

just sit back and open a couple :drinkup:.

having bad knees sucks real bad.:realmad:
  8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

. LOL
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That does sound painfull. I've had my share of falls but luckily I've never been hurt very bad. It sucks when your hurt and there's so much work to do. Good Luck.
  10. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Yeah, I woke up this morning too and was surprised that there was snow!!! Caught me off guard too. Man, I hope the knee gets better, that sounded painful. Well, supposedly we have some weather coming in this weekend so keep the knee iced up and stay medicated:drinkup:
  11. Belleaire Care

Belleaire Care Member

Ouuch! Hope you're able to rest that knee. Certainly ruins your day when this kinda thing happens.