1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WHAT... A F350 with a midweight 7.6..????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by icudoucme, Feb 24, 2013.

1. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

I'm looking to get another truck. So I've been scowwering the deep dark places to try and find exactly what I want. And this is one of the weirdest things I've seen..

I guess it makes up for the guys who put 8' 6" HD v blades on a 150 or 1500....

I would have ripped that plow apart..

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

probably used by a homeowner to do his own driveway and didnt have the need (or appetite to spend) for a bigger, heavier, more expensive plow. and if the light duty plow is in good shape, you know the truck wasn't working too hard.

for that reason, probably a good truck to consider buying. just go get the heavy duty western plowside you want and hopefully all the existing truckside components work with it.
  3. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

I completely agree. If you pick up the upgraded plowside in the off season and sell the midweight in the fall you likely will not have to put out a ton of extra cash. Of course I am assuming the wiring and mounts are the same for the existing and upgrade.