1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What a deal.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MickiRig1, Feb 5, 2005.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I talked to a woman who's mother owns a snow removal business last night.
    The owner / operator of a plow truck gets 65% of the billed amount. Mom takes 35% for billing and bidding the accounts.
    The daughter averages $75--> $100 an hour. Sounds like a good deal?

2. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

THE FIRST THING I WOULD FIND OUT IS IF THE DAUGHTER IS GETTING A HIGHER %AND NOT TELLING YOU. TALK TO OTHER SUBS DO YOU TRUST HER? payup :D

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

These always sound like good deals. The problem I see is Mom bids a job for $200. You get $130 and she gets $70. Mom can't loose in this deal, if you are there one hour or four. It is to her advantage to get the job not get the best price or the most money for the work. Just something to think about.

4. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

If you can roll in and plow , then get 75.00-100.00 per hour and not have to worry about chasing down your money or dealing with the PITA'S , then I think its a good deal .

Who cares how much Mom is making ,if she's taking care of all that she's earning her money.

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

As long as she isan't bidding 100 bucks for a wal-mart lot.

6. MickiRig1

I know enough that a Walmart is not $100 a plow. It's a job $1,500 at least
    But as a Subcontractor I know the $50 I get paid for a 40 car parking lot is low. I do a great job, I make it not tight anywhere and pile it high a way from the normal travel areas. I may be a subcontractor but I know what I am doing! My Dad and a few others trained/coached me well!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  7. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

What a deal

I know of this company. They also offer many other benefits to there drivers.
    1. Pay on the 10th of the following month no matter if the company gets paid if the driver is told to do the job he or she gets paid.
    2. All subs get 20% discount on Meyer parts.
    3. All subs get a 2 way radio
    4. All subs get tech support in repairing plows, repair manuals free to use.
    5. All subs get use of heated garage to repair plows.
    6. They keep a spare plow and lift unit for all to use while theres is being repaired.
    7. They also keep the common spare parts in stock so if there is a breakdown just call office and they have mechanic there ready to repair.

Dave

8. MickiRig1

Dang SkyKingHD who would that be? Sounds like a company with a few benefits for subs! Meyer is my plow. You ever read the 5 for $5 ads in the Beacon Journal on Saturday's? There had to be 6 ads for plow pumps and blades.

9. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Abj

Yes I read the high 5 adds. I have only seen old hydraulic units in there. I am using E60 now and looking forward to E57 units not interested in E47 units.

I have worked for ASR, the company you are talking about. She has some nice rigs too. There salt trucks are very driver friendly.

Dave