1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What 87-97 f250 or F350 XL came with it or you add to it?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Milwaukee, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I am curious what opinion came in those basic truck?

My 1993 F350 is cab chassis so po put box.
    It have 5.8L with C6
    NO AC
    basic radio and 2 speaker which not fancy
    No power window
    No rear window sliding
    It suppose to have dually but PO remove 6 tires when sold to my friend so he put his 4 tires on it. I say it look ok but it save mpg much.

But it came with heavy duty leaf spring I think no more than 6 since my f150 have 4 that why it so weak plus bounce.

I am curious what your truck came with it. Or you add because XL is boring so you put new radio.

My plan is get 5.8L in that and put flatbed or bed on it then drive see how it work and put locker in rear axle see if it could do plow snow.

And do you have trouble with rust on this f350? How to stop it? I know paint with por15 but how to fix those rust scale? Grind to clean then put patch of steel and rivet then paint with por15?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The XL is a plain jane truck with very few options. You could order one with A/C and more features but most were ordered by the dealer to be a work truck and cheap. Unless you are doing bigger parking lots the 2 wheel drive will not work very well.

3. Milwaukee

Is there no one have 87-97 F250 or F350?

Please post what it came on your f250 or F350 and what you install like new radio or ac or window or stuff you replace with new one. Like mod or performance.

4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

weel i've got a 96 f250 xlt. it has power windows locks, tilt. i came with a factory cassett player an i put a sony cd player in it also a sliding window. it also has a 460 motor an 4;10 rear. hope that helps

5. Milwaukee

That what I want hear. I am happy you found this thread.

how you make fit sony cd player in there? How hard put rear window with sliding?

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

my 91 lariat which is top of the line, which is opposent of the XL came with power windows/locks, tilt wheel, A/C, sliding rear window, and 4:10s

7. Milwaukee

Look like I need mod to change thread's title

say what 87-97 F250 or F350 came with it or you mod it.

lariat I heard it nice but I think it cost more due many opinion.

8. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

ahh ok you mean any 87-97..ok

also mine came with a decent tape player and ok speakers....i have since replaced it with a JVC CD player and sony speakers.

9. Milwaukee

yes that 87-97

Is speaker on Ford truck junk? Not good one like cheap one? If it is ok I would get expense speaker from my 79 F150 that PO put which look to be new but remove radio when we got it.

10. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

well i had the sliding window put in when the standard one shattered- i was mowing and a rock hit it- the cd player wasn't hard went to best buy and picked one out then just had to get an adapter for the truck. but my speakers are stock an they're pretty good