1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what 275 70 18 tires work well

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowsniper1, Feb 4, 2009.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

i have a 06 f350 reg cab longbox 6l powerstroke with a boss 9.2 v time to replace the tires was not impressed with the contitrac tr that came on it any suggestions or sould i buy a set of 16s for it in that size i have not found much availible in that size load range E

2. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Arent they 17's on that truck?

4. snowsniper1

nope 275 70 18 load range E

5. whiteford06

whiteford06 Junior Member

that truck will not fit 16 with the size of the brake components i think the smallest you can go is 17

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The BFG All Terrain T\O's have been working pretty well for me.

If you really want the best, get a set of 17" rims off E-bay and get some Cooper M&S. I have run both on my truck and the Coopers are a far superior snow and ice tire than the BFG's.

In snow they're pretty comparable, but on ice, the Coopers will blow away the BFG's. I think the BFG's are a harder compound.

Can't remember exactly how many miles I have on them, but they're doing pretty good so far.

PS And to say the Conti's suck is being very polite. That is a tire that should be outlawed in any state that has snow or rain.

7. snowsniper1

thanks what size would be close on a 17" wheel

8. whiteford06

whiteford06 Junior Member

you can fit 35s with no problem

9. svt2205

svt2205 Member

Can't go wrong with Cooper ATR's. Quiet, smooth and offer great snow/ice traction. I've had BFG AT's and while they're a good tire, they sure make for a rough ride.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

my bfgoodrich a/t's ride a lot better then my old discoverer atr's. I love the bfgoodrich. I would get 285/70/17 if I was you.

11. 1jbent

1jbent Junior Member

I just put on a set of Goodyear Silent Armor 275/70R18 50,000 mile. Great traction plowing. I just hope to get the milage they promise.

12. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah the stock conti's suck in any snow even when brand new, theyre a highway tire and thats all theyre really great at.

Any of you guys going up a size wider to like a 285? I too am going to be getting the cooper discoverer ATRs.. m&S arnt made in 18s or larger, bfgs ive heard too many problems with and theyre way too overpriced in these 18-20 sizes with such a old school tread pattern, some are noisy etc.

I have the ATRs on the back of my 06 dually, came that way new and they have awesome grip when the truck is empty or loaded in snow.

13. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

toyo open country a/t's,wearing even,great sidwall,balace with minimal weight,great styling.have 30k on mine and i don't think 10 or 15k more won't be a problem,have the michelin ltx at 2's on the wifes truck and they work very well she noticed a big difference compared to the junk generals!

14. snowsniper1

if i go go with the cooper m&s and get a set of 17s would you go with the 235 80s or the 265 70s

15. snowsniper1

cooper m&s now come 275 70 18 load range e just order me a set for the winter and order me a set of toyo mts for the sumer