1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wet or damp salt in Tailgate Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Porkchop, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Porkchop

Porkchop Junior Member

Anybody out there have any luck moving wet or damp salt through a Tailgate Spreader with a vibrator kit on it. I use a Meyer Mini Jr and I can run Anti-skid through with no problem. Works great until I have to switch to the salt. Seems to bridge up real bad !!
    Thanks,
    Porkchop

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I have a few Meyer's 36000 "Mini Spreaders". Everytime I used bulk salt in them it would bridge up. Bagged worked fine. The auger digs a hole straight up and around itself and then the spreader just stopped spreading. I just bought a few vibrators from Parts Central and I am going to wire them up tonight. I will let you know how they work as soon as I get some snow in New Jersey... :cry:

3. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Vibrator kit works great. Just put one on myn fisher tailgate spreader and I flow bulk magic salt thru it. Just like you said wet product digs a hole and bridges but as soom as you switch the vibrator on the magic slides right thru smoothly, matter of fact it spreads better and more evenly than when i used dry bagged salt or calcium.

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hook-up was a snap, took all of about half an hour. The hardest part was rolling out an extension cord for the drill. If I had a cordless drill I could have done the install in half the time!!!

Now if we ever get any snow in New Jersey I will let you know how I like it! :cool:

5. Porkchop

Porkchop Junior Member

Damp / Wet Salt

Thanks for the reply guys. I just put a Karrier Vibrator on our Meyer Mini Jr and it works great. We just spread about a 1/2 ton of salt and some Anti-Skid this morning and we did not have a single problem. Both materials flowed through the spreader without bridging. I got the Karrier Vibrator directly from Karrier - GREAT PRODUCT !!!!
    And easy to install.

6. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Glad to know it's working well!

Hey guy,

I can't tell you how happy I am that you guys like what we've built. Getting feedback about Sure-Flow vibrator installation time and success stories is really great.

If you need a new spinner motor controller for your spreader check out our Omega controller. It may look like a simple controller, but the feature we put into it are out of this world. www.karrierco.com

Bob Church
    President,
    Karrier Company
    800-709-4434

7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, how much do these vibrators sell for?

8. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Vibrator Pricing

Our standard Sure-Flow kit for plastic tailgate spreaders currently sells for $219. The high performance Sure-Flow kits for Vee-Pro spreaders is only $239, the Z-80 Twin kit for small steel v-box spreaders is $409 and the Z-200 Twin kit for 8' to 16' long steel v-box spreaders and dump trucks is only $449. Right now we are offering free UPS ground shipping to all USA and Canadian customers.

Bob