1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wet Carpet

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kemmer, Mar 5, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I took out my floor mats yesterday, and the carpet was soaked, how could i dry it out?

2. Raydon

Raydon Member

A wet/dry vacuum will get most of it out and then leave it open and let it air dry. Or put a fan to circulate the air, might help.

Good luck

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

See if you can get some of those rubber tray mats.

4. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I have these,
    [​IMG]
    and i was supprised when i took them out it was wet under

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

How much water did you have on the mats? I know that with mine sometimes the water splashes out when making turns.

6. Raydon

Raydon Member

Thats why I bought Weathertech's. They don't fill up like a pool. The water drains out the door.

7. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

well i looked under the carpet to, and the fabric under the carpet is wet to:cry: so idk what to do

8. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I have the rubber floor and also rubber mats. Makes cleaning a breaze. I dont think I ever want carpet in a work truck after having this type of floor....

However in my old truck with carpet, just shop vac as much up and let air dry, and hopefully it wont be hard and stiff when it drys from the salt/pop/coffee/etc

9. DeereFarmer

I love the rubber floor in my beater truck. I have never seen anything that cleans that easy. From construction sites to mudding, the floor gets hammered, but it sure does clean up well and no musty smell or anything!

10. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

Even the truck with the rubber need to be kept dry. Having water under the carpet/rubber and wet under padding is THE BEST way to rot the floor. With the rubber (I have it in my 04) the water will run under the moulding at the edge. There are not enough hole in the floor to let it drain well.

In the winter. I just put old newspaper under the mats. The aborbs the water. When you get home, toos the wet ones and put in new paper. It costs nothing and will get you an easy five extre years before the floors are shot.

My 88 Ford is just getting light surface rust on the original floors (noe holes yet)

Adam

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i gotta find out why there is water even coming in the passanger side of my truck

12. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

Plowman, most likely cause is the windshield seal is leaking. Hard to be sure.

13. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

thats why they make wetvacs!:nod:

14. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Is this a joke, or are you really this helpless? Wet/dry vac, open the doors and air it out, use a hair drier......:rolleyes: :dizzy: :rolleyes: :dizzy:

15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

nope brand new windshield

16. DeereFarmer

Use a heat gun on a very low setting if you are that distraught over it!:p

17. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Run the AC all winter as well. It will probably come on automatically when the defrost is on, but you can kick it on with the floor and dash heat as well. It will help keep the moisture from building as much. What everyone else said about the vac. Probably better to leave a poor mat out rather than have it seal the wet carpet.

18. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I have the same mat's & they suck! The water will seep thru the attachment screws that screw into the carpet. Crappy design.

19. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Clean up excess water. Then turn on the heat and AC at the same time the dry heat will dry it very fast.

20. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks but its not one layer of carpet, its two. i would be hard for the wet vac to suck through both layers