1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wet Bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DaySpring Services, Oct 23, 2007.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

My new to me Bobcat is getting a little wet inside when we get heavy rain. Im getting small puddle of water under the seat on the right hand side. Is it common to get water inside or should I have the dealer take a look at it?

2. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

Something isn't sealing up like it should:mad:

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

After mine was a few years old I started getting a drip from the top glass escape hatch window thing. Just had to be resealed. It was a pain cause the drip was right on your crotch. Last year everyone was like, dont you ever leave that thing, your allowed to stop and go to the bathroom you know. Id ask about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Im thinking you just need to quit getting so excited every time you get in it.....:waving:

Sorry couldn't resist..:angel:

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Just an update, I think I may have found the leak. I noticed on the left side of the machine there are 2 lift assist struts (or w/e they call them) to lift the cab. The right side only has one, but there was a hole for a second. Not sure if there's supposta be a bolt there or something, but I think thats where the water is coming from. I just need to wait for another rain.