1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wet and Dirty (door jamb)

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Silverado10923, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

I have a nbs 2010 silverado 2500hd ext. cab and am very dissapointed with the weather seal on the door jambs. On both bottom front corners water and road dirt blows right into the jamb between the front fender and door skin. So much so that the felt liner in the front fender is soaking wet. Anyone???
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

That's the way it's supposed to be. Wash it out!
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

How about trying mud flaps? JMO
  4. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

if the water didn't go out there it would be poring in on ur floor... guess would prefer the felt pad getting wet
  5. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Not a normal or acceptable condition. A very poor design if such. Had nothing like this on my 98 or 2002. Water, salt and dirt is riding in, above the lower weather strip.
  6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe I am misunderstanding. How bout a pic?
  7. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

Old topic, But I have the same problem and get sand along with other road debris in the jamb too.
  8. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

If you guys dont like it, you can get door weather stripping material at any automotive center. As stated above, how about someone posting a pic so we can see exactly where and maybe offer some better suggestions.
  9. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

Got any picks the only thing I can think of is that the wheel housing skirt is loose and allowing that stuff to blow in. Other wise its normal to have some dirt and sand run into there from door fender gap