1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

westside of indy

Discussion in 'Employment' started by younggun86, Sep 25, 2008.

1. younggun86

younggun86 Junior Member

looking for work on the westside of indy. must have a positive yes or no before i go buy my plow. I need to atleast make enough to pay off the plow this season.

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Experience? Truck? Type of plow? Hours avaiable to work? Any other trucks? We have a lot of work West 38th and Rockville Road.

3. younggun86

younggun86 Junior Member

I did a couple of lots on the northside last year so my friend could teach me the basics. i'm looking at a 7.6 or 8ft straight blade for my 04 2500HD. as far as time available, i work nights on the weekends but it shouldn't be hard to get off work. fridays and most saturdays are slow. my friend has a 7.6 straight blade but he's supposed to have contracts already. i'm just trying to cover myself when i buy this plow. I need it paid off no questions asked by this season.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  4. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

Mullis.....I was wanting to talk to you when you get a chance. I have 3-4 trucks and a skid steer(no cab enclosure) available this winter. I have been working the last 6-7 years for the same large local company...they pay great and quick.....but last year they had me working Carmel area, and I live in Danville, just a long drive to not get paid travel time. I am going to see if they need me this year and if the work is westside, if not I may be looking to find someone to work for. I am self employed and can go 24/7 all winter long. You can email me at SSRB87@aol.com.

5. Indy-South

Indy-South Junior Member

Looking for subs in Indy

We are a commerical landscape company that is looking for subs to fill some of the routes. Pay is excellent and reliable. Properties are close to the airport and further south. Please email at david.sandidge@uslawns.net to discuss.

6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What is your pay?

7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What are your hours on 2" event?

8. Indy-South

Indy-South Junior Member

My prices are set based on depth at 2"+. We can discuss pay privately. As far as hours, this depends on how far you are willing to travel. Looking to fill about 20-30 banks and few hotels right now. In the airport - 5 mile area have roughly 15 hours on a min push with more properties pending.