1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Westerns New Plow Like Blizzard???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GMSNOW, Mar 21, 2007.

GMSNOW Member

I have read a number of discussions regarding Western coming out with a plow similar to the Blizzard plows with the wings...

I spoke with my local dealer and they could not confirm anything - but I don't think they are always on top of things.

Can anyone confirm or deny this.

2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

The new plow is i believe going to be called the western "wideout" and yes it is like a blizzard in which it has the power wings. It will use the ultramount system for mounting. Hopefully itll turn out nice!
  3. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I actually hope to see one as we have no Blizzard dealer in this province and I'd like to see a plower plow first hand as many on here and another site rave about them.

Though the price will probably scare a few people off I bet.

GMSNOW Member

Have you heard when this is suppose to be out on the market?

5. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Ive heard as soon as june but im not exactly sure, i believe some dealers are taking orders now
  6. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I'd like to see them come out with a Poly version of this!

I love the virtual no maintenance of Poly Plow's!
  7. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

If this new Western does not have dual acting rams, it will be a waste of time.

The MVP Plus is a fine plow, but could be improved by widening the ram pivot points, and increasing the diameter (and thus power) of the rams.

Main plow wings, powered or not, in IMHO, are a waste of engineering and time for heavy duty use. Probably usefull for light (under 8") snow, but no one in my area PAYS anyone to remove this. They wait till the snow is a foot or two to call!

Regionallity will determine productivity - and prosperity!

BTW- How does one keep a poly plow within 6" of the ground in 2+ feet of snow? How does one bust 4+" of ice with a poly plow without damaging the moldboard?

Heavy and steel, in my neck of the woods!
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  8. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

correct me if im wrong, but arent full size poly plows heavier than steel plows of the same size? Poly is also a very strong material because of the thickness that is used on heavy duty plows.
  9. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

Weight, I dunno. Extra reinforcement is required for poly skins.

But, I have seen, and it has been reported on this site, occasions of poly plows shattering (large holes created in the moldboard) under extreme stress and cold. My posts must be considered by locale, DEEP and COLD here. What may be entirely adequate in your locale may fail miserably in mine. What may work here may be overkill (and therefore over expendature) where you are.

If I could afford it, I would run no less than a six wheel drive FWD, 12 ft Colorado plow, and 10 ft mid mount benching wing. Alas, I don't have a budget anywhere near that of the State, so I go as heavy duty as what I can afford.