1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Westerns new MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Playboy, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Looks like a lot of improvements to the MVP.... Figures every time I but something it's updated the year after....... I just called on pricing for the Nighthawk lights. I was told about $245. for the set up......

2. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I got a quote on the new lights out here in Illinois....there has been a big variation, 209.99-253.99.....Anyone have these new lights yet??? I have seen them at a Western dealer...just wondering if anyone has recently purchased a plow with them...and if they are a big improvement...
    Mike

3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

As soon as my dealer gets them in stock I might go check them out. Even at $250. I think it's worth it if they are an inprovement in lighting. Did you read the improvements they made to the MVP?! I thought my MVP was perfect but here Western goes and makes improvements........ I'd love to see side by side comparisons this winter.

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I went to the dealer to ask them if the new lights would retro on my MVP. They quoted me $216 for a pair. They also had a new one set up. The hydraulics are a ton faster, one less plug since they added another iso module in with the hydraulics, and did away with the rubber flap in the middle. One thing I didn't like is that the deflector is now an option. Another being that the two arms that came out of the t frame, where the blade pushes against in the v position to take pressure off of the cylinders, they did away with that too.

5. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I thought I read on the website that they still had the rubber flap in the middle? The deflector an option?....... Geez I guess their cutting corners to keep the cost down...

6. M&M Services

from midwest

I picked up the lights for $180 at Auto truck out here in Illinois...they are a drastic improvement.....The new MVP is a great plow....They had one at another local deaeler on a new F-250...It had a rubber deflector, and a center piece for the gap......:drinkup: can't go wrong with a Western

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  7. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

$180! Great price!
    How does it connect? Does it use the same connector or is there an adapter for it? Does it come with a mounting bracket? I know it now has two bolts.

8. M&M Services

from midwest

They go on the same way except it has 2 mounting studs, the wiring is ran the same way, and the headlights have a removeable back cover, you plug in the headlight and turn signals like you would on a car/truck, put the back cover on and that is it! no ground wire like before either!.....If you want some pics I can post them tonight...The kit came with everything needed, a mounting plate for each side (like the round washer on the previous lights but this one is a bar that goes to both mounting bolts) all the hardware, wire ties, wiring harness, it is a complete kit, the plug from the harness to the truck is the same 11 pin connection as before
    Mike

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I would be interested in seeing pics of the kit. Sounds like a fairly easy plug and play install.
    Will

10. M&M Services

from midwest

I will post some tonight.....probably later on in the evening depending on what time I get home and get them uploaded....Yes it was a simple install...
    Mike

11. M&M Services

from midwest

Here are some pics, sorry they are not that great the plow is in the garage up against a wall with stuff around it...But you get the idea, they are bigger over all...and a nice easy install... you can see the plug in harness going to the back of the lights, just like a car or truck...
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/Camn540/PLOWLIGHT1.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/Camn540/PLOWLIGHT2.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/Camn540/PLOWLIGHT3.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/Camn540/PLOWLIGHT4.jpg

12. MetroTurf

MetroTurf Junior Member

I have a new MVP plus from last year and an MVP that is like 3 years old. They both have the rubber strip in the middle of them and it seems like I am constantly replacing them. Is there anything else that can be done?