1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skidster32, Dec 21, 2008.

1. skidster32

skidster32 Member

hey guys long time looker first time poster. i am in the market for a new plow, i know bad time to by in the middle of the season, but i have had terrible luck with my current plow. i wanted to know what u western guys had to say about the UTPP80 contractor pro plus 8'. i know allot of people that run western and like them allot. i just wanted some other input. thanks!

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i run all western ,

id say the pro plus is no better than any other blade, they all have their weakness

what truck is it going on? i would go bigger at least 8.5

personally i dont like the pro plus, but thats just me , i stick to the pro modles

besides the larger plow height , i didnt see many reasons to switch

you might consider what you laready have, or friends have for parts reasons, the pro plus uses alot of different parts. since i already own a pros...i didnt want to have any more parts to deal with

also the added height blocks head lights more, and air flow to the radiator.... which is why i asked about the truck

the added weight isnt that much , but for some trucks your already over the weight limit...I saw no reason to push it any more than it was...even if its only an 80 lb savings

fuel - bigger plow, bigger sail in the wind while driving..

just a few things to consider is all

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

do you do a lot of commercial plowing? if so, pro+ is a good option. if you do more driveways than lots a regular pro is fine.

4. skidster32

skidster32 Member

the plow wil be going on an 03 chevy 2500HD. i do allot of commercial properties, with 3 driveways so wanted something a little bigger. right now i am running snow-way and dont like it one bit, i have already poured about 600 bucks into it this season and its broke down again so i figured i have the cash why not buy something more reliable right? but thanks for the info guys, keep it coming.

5. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

I own a Pro-Plus and several Ultra 8' Pros

the comparison is not even close.... The Pro-Plus seems to stack higher and is much better built, the wings made for them work fairly well, for my .02, the Pro-Plus is a no brainer, especially for heavy duty, commercial applications.

6. skidster32

skidster32 Member

well i just got back from he dealer and got quotes on a 7.6' and an 8.0' pro plows. they didnt have the pro plus in stock it, he said it would be about 10 days before he could get one. the 7.6' will run me $4,719.96 installed after tax and the 8.0' will run me $4,790.00 installed after tax.. i have decided on the 8.0', i mean for the price difference its totally worth it. thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it, i will get pictures posted after install and what not.