1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western woes...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 82stang, Nov 24, 2007.

1. 82stang

82stang Junior Member
    from NY

Got Western plow on 93 S10 blazer then hooked harness in and here's what I have...

Vehicle markers all work. When vehicle lights are on low beam, the plow lights and markers all work fine, but the vehicle headlamps are out. When vehicle headlamps are on high beam, the vehicle has left front high beam, but not right. This may be a bad bulb, but think I replaced that one this year. At the same time, the plow headlamps are off and the plow markers are on, but the upper marker bulbs on each side are lit brighter as if they were in blinker mode, but not blinking.

So when I put the lights on in the vehicle:
    Low beam:all markers, plow and vehicle, work
    high beam:no right front vehicle high beam and no plow headlamps and plow markers are working except upper plow markers on both sides are lit brighter.

I did everything as the Western schematic shown, but something is not right.
    Any ideas?
    Plus, I have never been able to get the plow lamps to either blink with the markers or change to high beam and low beam.

Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Gotta be wired wrong somewhere......
    Is it a Unimount?
    Exactly what diagram did you use?

3. 82stang

82stang Junior Member
    from NY

Yes, a unimount and got the diagram from Western. For 61545(6) harness. The diagram seems right for my vehicle, it's just that I'm pretty sure I got everything hooked up as per the diagram, but it aint right. So, most likely I messed up somewhere. But how can I attack this because I have looked and looked at the diagram and I don't see anything wrongly wired? But there must be.

Blinkers don't work on the plow lights. Are they supposed to have a high/low beam because they only work on vehicle low beam? I might have to start unhooking wires and just start touching things to see what it does? That's what I did with the passenger side marker wire from the harness to the vehicle plug. The schematic didn't say what wire, in the 3 vehicle wire plug, to hook to, so I had to experiment and the second wire I touched gave power so I used it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't even have turn signals then it's definitely wired incorrect as the turns don't go through any of the relays. Did you check over it with an actual test light to see if you have power when and were you should, and ground on other wires that should have ground?
    If not, you'll pull your hair out trying to make it all work..

Can you describe exactly what color wires in the plow harness you connected to what color wires on the truck? I think if we start there it will save a few steps.

Do you have a test light to check things?