1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western wiring

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by burbguy, Mar 12, 2006.

1. burbguy

burbguy Junior Member

does anyone have a light wiring harness for a unimount western mounted on a 90 suburban? or any suggestions on getting the lights to work

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Headlight wiring is surpisingly universal. They all have highbeam, low beam, parking lights, and turn signals... and a switch to swap between truck lights and plow lights (though I have heard some of the newer ones have a module to do that automatically, but I wouldnt want that)

You can likely use a headlight harness from any manufacturer, just might need to swap or remove the connector on the light.

Or, if you are confident with a test light and soldering gun, you can build one yourself from scratch.

3. derekbroerse

See if this helps you, its from the box of a set of universal plow headlights I picked up and haven't used yet. No promises on wire colours for that reason, so you would need to determine what is what on yours with jumper wires.

headlight wiring diagram.jpg

4. derekbroerse

Here are the official installation instructions:

headlight instructions.jpg