1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by earlblake, Sep 5, 2012.

1. earlblake

earlblake Junior Member
    from MN

I have a 2002 Chev 1500HD. I also have an early ultramount (9 pin). Should I use the 63392 relay type harness. (I've heard there are problems with corrosion) Or should I go with the 29070-1 Isolation module and 29048 harness. (I'd have to change my plow over to a 12 pin I think) Or could I possibly rig the harness I have out of the 93 suburban that I took it off of. It's for my personal driveway, so turn signals wouldn't be needed. But I really don't want to spend a $1000. Thanks in advance. Eb

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

so you have relay wiring already from the 93 suburban. if that main harness is good you can use it, and also the battery cables and solenoid. a part number 63394 would be the conversion kit with the correct headlight harness and the additional 4 relays. the 63392 would have the main harness in it too, which you don't need if yours is still good.
    those are both discontinued now, but you should still be able to find some around.

3. earlblake

earlblake Junior Member
    from MN

Thanks Nealybird, I think you may have misunderstood what I have. I just spoke with a local dealer. He said the 93-98 harness that I have is a neg ground. The 2002 uses some sort of positive ground loop.(I don't really understand it) But he said that harness shouldn't be used. That's ok because I didn't really want to use old wiring and have problems this winter. And he has one one the shelf. Thanks again.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, if the old harness looks suspect, I'd go new too.
    the information I listed is still correct though. he has which on the shelf? Isolation module wiring or the 63392 relay wiring kit?
    The main harness in that 63392 kit is a 61437. If you look at your old harness, and if it still has the little white tag with the part number, you'll see that's what you already have. But if yours is in bad shape anyway its a non-issue.
    BTW, a different main harness wasn't needed until the 03-06 chevy. so maybe he's thinking of that, or he's just wrong. And I hope you aren't spending $1000 on relay wiring. That was what you were thinking isolation wiring would be, right?

5. earlblake

earlblake Junior Member
    from MN

He has the 63392 on the shelf for $260. I'll just use my main power and control, then add a new solenoid. My harness is a bit suspect, so new is good. I don't want to spend a grand on the isolation system. Thanks for the help. I understand better now.

6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, that's a good price for new. sounds like you're on the right track. welcome to the forum, btw!