1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western wiring issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Gear_Head, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

here is my dilema. I bought a complete Uni-mount set-up for a Dodge 94-02, the price was right and it was local. I was unaware of the electrical being as specific for each truck when I got it. I first was going to butcher this harness to make it work, but would like to get the right pieces if I can find them.

I am currently working with one of our members and hope to get what I need from him. However, I would like to know the part numbers for what I need.

The system I have is a 9 pin system, I am not sure why the 99-02 could use a 9 pin, but mine has to be a 12 pin (DRL?). What western part numbers to I need to make mine a 12 pin set-up ?

I think I need part # 27780, but think there is another # I will need for the plow side.

Any help is appreciated, I am just trying to get my bearings straight with all these part numbers.

2. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

well 27780 is isolation module style wiring. you can do that but it will cost your more, because you also have to switch your plow harness and have to get a hydraulic/control harness that would be extra over the 27780 p/n. what truck are your actually working on?

3. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

well that would have helped. Sorry. 2005 1500 Silverado ext cab with HB3 lights.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the plow is a 9 pin you'll need to change it regardless since your '05 has to use either the old relay style 12 pin...or the current Iso setup with the 11 pin (three plug) style setup. Basically the plow is too old for the truck your attempting to instal it on so it needs electrical upgrades as well.

Either way is fine, you're just going to spend some money regardless.

5. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

that is my point, It is a 9 pin on truck and plow side. What is the best way to go about it? I am hoping to get the set-up from one of the members here, but part numbers would be helpful. Spending a little money to do it right is fine by me.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When changing the plow and truck side both I always recommend updating to the current wiring, which is the three port Iso and three plug system (for a straight blade). If you do it now it will be easier and less expensive the next time.

7. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

i agree with B&B i would upgrade to the newer style harness it is weather proof.

the old style harness would be
    p/n 64077 and 61558
    total is $365.34

the new iso would consist of
    29070 or 29070-1

total is $601.30

i believe we have everything in stock. we just received a truck load of western parts.

8. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

B&B let me know if I forgot anything.

9. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

thanks for the part numbers! If I am not able to purchase from the member that has been trying to help me out, I will be in touch!

10. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

i appreciate it have a great night

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

P/n's look good Noble.

GH, some of the numbers you'll likely discover that you'll need to purchase new. You can probably piece some of them together here and there (Iso's and light plug in's are easy to come by for example) but the Iso to relay conversion and the 11 pin plow side you likely have to buy new as those are not too common to find used. Just a heads up....