1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western wiring issues need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jkus43, Jan 3, 2014.

1. jkus43

jkus43 Junior Member
    from NJ

I am putting a three plug wiring system on a 2012 ford f250 I have it all wired up and now when I plug the truck into the plow my plow lights and truck lights switch back and forth when I plug the plow power in and the control switch in the truck does not power up. anyone havr any ideas what it could be my isolation module is good solenoid is good and control is good all tested out on another truck and solenoid is brand new
  2. hwilson

hwilson Junior Member

Hello...can you provide me your phone number, and I will have one of my factory direct Western Technicians call you.

Thank you,
  3. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

I had the same problem in one of my trucks today, swapped the controller solenoid but not the iso mod.
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Did u hook up the little red wire that comes out of the control harness to a good 12 v ignition source? You should also check the fuses by the isolation module. Next verify that the ground interconnect is plugged in. This is a pair of black wires with orange stripes. They can be found next to the isolation module too. They have a male and female black plastic quick connector. If this is not connected the plow won't work. And finally verify that your small wires are connected properly at the motor relay ( you guys call it solenoid) there r two wires with small loops that go to the small lugs for the magnetic coil. Then there is one wire with a big loop. This one MUST go to the big lug that is hot all the time. People often put it on the output side of the relay in which case it does not get power to feed those two fuses by the isolation module.