1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western wiring issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RNR Services, Oct 25, 2011.

1. RNR Services

RNR Services Junior Member

I took the wire harness of my 2002 chevy 1/2 ton and put it on my 2003 HMC yukon. Everything plugged in fine. When I plugged the plow in my headlights went out on my truck and just the parking lights went on on the plow. In order to get my lights back on the truck I had to disconnect the switch over plugs right from my original headlights. Obviously I fried a relay. Why? Is it possible I had the low and hightbeams reversed? Would this cause it? Thier was corrosion on the Plowside plug also.
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Possibly you just had the headlamp harness plugs flipped. If they are two wire plugs then you have to flip them 180 degrees if the plow lights don't come on. It's just a matter of getting the common wires together. Maybe the relay is not fried...