1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wiring Installation

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Calgary Plow, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Calgary Plow

Calgary Plow Junior Member

:realmad:Hello Everyone,

I have a 2004 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4x4, 5.7 Gas. I have bought a used 1997 Western Uni mount Pro Plow of a guy who had it installed on his Ford F350. As this was a different application,I only took the plow and lights. I went to a Western Dealer and ordered up a new mount/module/controller and wiring harness kit. I was told this was all i needed. I installed what i had and have verified the parts and numbers on the Western site. I look at the manual and see that I am missing a Vehicle Battery Cable and Vehicle Control Harness. WTF is this seperate items? I am waiting to hear back from the dealer.

2. Normally they are sold seperately your dealer may have thought you still had these from the old truck as it is usually only the mount and headlamp harness that are vehicle specific. Check your wiring with the old uni mount straight blades you could have relay wiring on your plow, meaning you have two plugs on the plow , one battery cable and one 9 pin. If thats the case and your going to the 3 port module you made need to re-wire your plow side to make it compatiable.