1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western wiring help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by slob cotham, Dec 21, 2008.

1. slob cotham

slob cotham Junior Member

i am a newbie to site and have purchased a western 8'6" pro plow it has 3 plugs on it one is the 2 cable batt. conn. /one is a 11 pin plug and the other has 4 wires going to it that run to 3 solonoids on the plow motor i am putting this on a 2007 dodge 4x4 quad cab 2500 with snow plow prep package .my question is. is it a 4 port harness or a 3 port harness do in need a 4 port isolation module or three port (any part# would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

the difference between a 3 port and a 4 port is this. the #1 plug is battery connections, # 2 vehicle controls. and # 3 and #4 are light operations. well on the 3 port they combine the light controls into one plug. so pick your poison

westernplows.com
    use the quickmatch program itll tell you everything you want to know!

3. slob cotham

dodge wiring question

so my 3rd plug (the 11 pin connector is the lighting plug combined into one plug. so i would need a 3 port iso module then not 4 is that correct ) thanks for the feedback

4. slob cotham

iso module

ignore my last post suzuki i misunderstood your answer (combined plug on module not on plow that cleared up everything huge help thanks)