1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Sep 21, 2009.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I found the mounting instructions, but i am looking for the instructions for the wiring harness. The plow is a 2002 untramount and i am hooking it up to a 2001 1500 Silverado. I am sure it is some where on here, but i am tired of trying to find it. Anybody have a link for the headlight and control diagram?
    Thanks, for any help. Ron

2. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

4. milwaukeevtwin

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

6. milwaukeevtwin

7. milwaukeevtwin

8. milwaukeevtwin

Brown wire?

Doese anybody know exactly where to splice in the brown wire? That is the only one i have not figured out? Any help would be nice. It is on a 2001 Silverado.
    Thanks, Ron:redbounce

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Remove the driver side headlamp and the marker lamp assembly right below it. Then simply tie your brown plow marker wire into the BROWN marker light wire on the truck right behind said marker light.

10. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

the brown goes to your run/park light signals. turn your running lights on and use a test light and see which wire it is. Or you can wait for B&B he will tell you the position and color of the wire.

11. milwaukeevtwin

wire

Thanks, Guys. That is what i needed. You guys are great!prsport

12. milwaukeevtwin

grey and purple

Ok, I hooked everything up and i do not have turn signals on the plow side. I have running lights, but no turn signals. I attached them to the side marker turn signal. Can somebody tell me what color the purple and grey should be going to? It is on a 2001 Silverado.I do not want to fry something.
    Thanks Ron

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

R turn - dark blue
    L turn - light blue