1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western wiring component ID help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowdays, Feb 22, 2016.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

First off, let me say I am not at all familiar with Western plows but am trying help a guy out who has lighting issues. The truck is a 2008 Chevy. The part that I am trying to find is plugged into the harness that plugged into the "A" port of the 3 port module. It is about 6 inches back from the "A" plug on the harness. It has 6 terminals and has a flat connector. width is probably 2 inches by 3 inches long. The isolation module is 29070-1 which is for DRL if I looked correctly.The main harness is a p/n 29860 with a service p/n of 29861.

I do not have a photo of the part available but can try and get one. I have searched through all of the western wiring schematics and the closest that I have found is a picture that shows either 2 or 3 of the ice cube style relays in the position that this little module is in.

Any help appreciated.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Can you identify the plow a bit better? Is it a straight blade, V or wide-out? Three plugs at the grill or two?
    Obviously it is late model with the 3 port isolation module. That is to switch the headlights from truck to plow when plow is present, also has some DRLfunctions but that is a secondary function.
    The A port of the isolation module is the output to the plow head, marker and signal lights. Sometimes there are relays there to make sure high and low beam do not come on at the same time but a 6 pin flat plug is unknown to me??? A photo would be great.
    Give details of plow type and we can link you to the online mechanics guide and tell you what that plug

I am guessing this might help you... is.http://library.westernplows.com/pdfs/92935.00_120114.pdf

I think this has something to do with LED headlights?? Does the truck have LEDs?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Picture is worth a lot of guessing.

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Please supply all information requested. What are the lights not doing correctly? You may be going down the wrong road.

5. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

6. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Here is a pic of the component. The truck is a 2008 Chevy with standard headlights. Not LED or HID. It does have DRL. The plow is a 7'6" PRO straight blade. The issue is that on one side of the plow lights, one does not have high beam and on the other side, there is no low beam. Apparently, there is output from the headlights into this box but nothing out. A technician tested everything but has no idea what the part is to even start trying to find it to order. There was a sticker on it but that has worn off. I am just trying to help identify the part so it can be ordered. Thanks.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That's all for Nick or western1

8. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I'm out. I take it there's no legend on the side for operation description.

9. somd

somd Junior Member

not sure if you found what you needed but here's my tc. so I have a 07 new body chevy 2500hd my blizzard and new mvp3 share the same wiring harness 29860 rev 3 for port A of module. it doesn't have a 6 pin connector but it does have 2 relays. if I can figure out posting a pic I will post it