1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western wireing install assistance needed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by KingDuramax, Sep 20, 2009.

1. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

I am installing my western plow wireing on my 05 Chevy 2500hd. I need to know which port my harnesses go into. Harnesses for port 1 and 2 were labeled. 3 and 4 were not which are for the lights. So I have harness #26351 on the left side of the truck and harness #26352 on the right side. Also at the lights I have 3 wires that I believe are for the turn signals. On the left there is a purple wire and a brown wire....On the right there is a purple wire....Which wires do I connect them to?

I cant get ahold of the guy who removed this from my old truck to ask him so I figure this is my best bet. Oh yeah and my paerwork that came with the plow is in the perfect place where it would be safe.....so safe I cant find it that is.

All help is appreciated.
    thanks in advance.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Driverside harness goes in port #3. So of course passenger side connects to port #4

Brown wire is your marker lights. Connect to brown marker wire on truck.

Purples are your turns. Connect to light blue on driverside and dark blue on passenger side.

Make sure you either connect directly behind the marker/turn housings or if you tie in further up the system (for the passenger side) you're getting the turn wire and not the DRL wire as they are the same color as the pass turn signal, dark blue.
  3. KingDuramax

Thanks alot. Now I dont have to wait til tomorrow to call a dealer. I was going to guess the odd numbered harness would go to three and the even one to port 4. didnt want to fry a module though.

Thanks John
  4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

5. KingDuramax

thanks sbrennan007 I will keep that in mind for the next time.