1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by KelleyZP, Nov 17, 2015.

1. KelleyZP

KelleyZP Member

Interested in adding wings to my Western UltraMount 7' 6". New western wings ($600+) are not in the budget right now. Found some used wings online that are off of a UniMount. Will they fit my plow?

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Are you sure you can add wings to it? I had a 7.5' MVP initially that I wanted to add wings to. Western didn't make wings for it because evidently the added weight would've been too much. Have an 8.5' MVP now that I also have Western wings for.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Simple answer.

No, they will not fit.

4. KelleyZP

KelleyZP Member

Do you know if aftermarket Pro Wings will fit?

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Simple answer, yes.

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

The aftermarket Pro wings will work on anything. Usually requires a little welding and cutting. Some can just drill and be good.

The western wings are heavy, expensive and break often. Not worth the money.

Others have built their own. Some with great success others it's a never ending project.

If you come up with a cool idea post some pic's.

7. Plowin Dodge

Plowin Dodge Member

Call Jerres service I Erie Pa and get a set of danger wings