1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jbart06, Feb 6, 2015.

1. jbart06

jbart06 Member

I have a western pro plus used but new to me the cutting edge is nearly brand new but i know it was used for probably 10 of plow time. Think its to late to install wwingsw a slightly used cutting edge?
  2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

You should be alright. I have about 40 hours on a new cutting edge and it hasn't worn down much. Worst you can do is try it out and if they don't line up with the plow take them off.
  3. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I would put them on, the rubber will wear quickly and catch up to the steel cutting edge. When they are new the do "chatter" for a bit, that goes away quickly.

If there is a big difference in the height I have a set about 60% remaining, of the rubber cutting edges I would trade you for your new ones plus some cash.
  4. GabrielFarms

GabrielFarms Junior Member

I cut the rubber down (about 1") to match the wear on my cutting edges when I got the wings for my MVP plus last year.