1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wings Guide Poles

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rwilimo, Jan 9, 2007.

1. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

I just got a set of Western Pro Plus Wings delivered, I thought they would come with guide poles for the wings but they did not, was I shorted or are they not included??

The other question is the mounting. I have a one season old plow with only 4 uses, so I don't think I have much cutting edge wear. The plow is off the truck and I tried to install the wings and it seems like the rubber is to long preventing the wing from going on. Could this be because the plow is not on the truck? Or do I really have that much wear on my edge? If it is wear will the rubber just wear down to match the cutter edge or is there something else I should do?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can trim the rubber to the same height as the cutting edge after you mount the plow on the truck.Or you can just let them wear in on their own.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

There should be two 2' pro plus style plow guides in that kit. As for the rubber. You need to trim them down to meet the cutting edge. Once they are the same height as the blade. They will wear evenly. A easy trick to get the rubber trimmed down is. Put them on and drop the plow. Then drag them inreverse on dry pavement or concrete. That will wear them down to the right height. :nod:
  4. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

Thanks guys, I bought them from CPW, I call and questioned them about the guides and was advised that they are NOT included. Seems kind of poor considering the price.
  5. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

Well I heard back from Western Today and CPW was correct the poles are not included.