1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western WIDEout

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GSShelper, Jan 1, 2009.

1. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

those of you useing the western WIDEout ,,, tell me what you thinkim considering getting one b4 next season,,,,and what kind fo truck u have on it,,,also compared to plows u have used in the past im wondering if it is worth the extra money it costs as to regular straihgt blades. i was thinking of putting it on a brand new either ford 250 superduty or 350 superduty,,,let me know thanks

Dan
    GSSHelper
    this is the truck im plowing with now
    ford f-150 western ultramount 7'6'' std w/cab command control
    Snow-ex 575 mini pro spreader
    IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

2. toyman

toyman Senior Member

subscribing.....I would like to hear real world opinions of this plow also.

Toyman

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

well first you will see your biggest difference moving from a halfton to a 3/4 or 1 ton....

I have one on my chevy 2500hd and one on my ford f350....they are great. very fast hydros and more efficiant then a straight blade.

both trucks handle fine, just use plenty of ballast.

4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Once you go wideout, you will never go back. I had 8' straight blade and don't miss it at all.

5. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going to see them at the Congress show up here In Ontario Next week.

I'm also Interested In the Wide Out...they are a bit pricey

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

I'll sell you mine. After running them heads up against the XLS and the Blizzards I'll be pushing a white 810 or 8611LP from now on.

J

7. Daner

Ok Ship er outpayup...LOL

810,s would be ok If tey would get some lights on them

Wide Outs are going for 9500 up here

8. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

really like mine

After some long hard decision making and several emails back and fourth to the snowplow god (JERRE) I chose the wideout after having those yellow M ones for 15 years. I really like mine so far. I chose the Western over Blizzard mainly for the availability of parts in my area if needed and service from my local dealer being close to me. Maybe after 15 years of buying yellow parts i was a little gun shy. Anyway I really like mine and it really saves time.

PA300003.jpg

9. Daner

Nice Truck and Plow Plow4u

How does It back drag...and how Is the weight on the front end of that Chevy feel?

10. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

thanks for the compliments

Thanks guy's for the compliments. Truck handles it well better than I expected,do have timbrens and torsions cranked. i do know its out there though. all in all very Happy with it so far.

11. Jerre Heyer

Danner,

I think that $5500 US down here would get this one put on your truck for you with some heavy duty wings.

J

12. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

That chevy is sweet!!! ui want one.....im glad y`all have replied to my thread it does really help to hear good and bad of the plow,, i do know that the dealer closest to me is selling the wideout for 6300 installed... so maybe ill save my pennies....lol....and try to get one,, if i get my new truck...
    GSSHELPER

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

i wiil never buy a straight one again

snow 08 017.jpg

14. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

No problems with rubbing curbs? How about banging into curbs, is anything getting jarred or bent? I'm just curious for real world situations, letting employees plow. We are all careful, but every now and then...
    How are they holding up to freezing, ice getting into moving parts?
    Thanks,
    Matt.

15. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

they have rubber on the bottom of the wing so if you hit a curb, the ride over it, a advantage over blizzard, the lights stay with the plow unlike the blizzard, if you hit something with the wing extended the wing will collaspe back into the plow. I will never go back to a staight blade again. The backdragging on them is really good.

16. Jerre Heyer

After the first 3 sets of standard wing edges we had to make a change. So far the heavier ones are working better. I like the steel edges on the 810's better. The blizzard U edges worked great except for support on the rear edges so they weren't as forgiving for curbs and stayed bend.

It's worked ok on the super duty but as observed while stacking tonight......Dang if that was on a Cheve the bottom of the mount would of been torn clean off by now.

Just my observations.
    J